The ‘Hitman Wife’s Bodyguard’ star says her teenage daughter is a huge fan of her new film, despite Salma’s fear that Valentina would be embarrassed by the movie.
She said: “Yeah, she insisted on this one. She never wants to see my stuff, but she insisted on watching this one and to go with her friends. And I was really nervous and embarrassed.
“I said, ‘Don’t bring your friends, I’m really going to embarrass you’. And she’s like, ‘You embarrass me all the time, every day, so what’s going to be different?’ And I said, ‘No, but this is really raunchy, like really raunchy’. And she’s like, ‘Oh, I’m sure there’s nothing in there I haven’t heard or seen.’
And the 54-year-old actress was glad to hear Valentina enjoyed it.
Speaking on Late Night With Seth Meyers, she added: “Anyway, she convinced me and they loved it. She says, ‘Mom, I understand it’s not you, it’s not you, it’s the character. I was quite impressed with that.’”
Salma felt lucky to play a more layered character in ‘The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard’.
She said recently: “I wanted to show the part that it’s very maternal. I wanted to show the part where she really cares about her marriage, but at the same time, there’s some issues that happen with time in a marriage and how she fights it and how she tries to keep him on top of things.
“Don’t take her for granted, do not drop the romance. She’s very demanding.”
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: The Big Hash – Better Late Than Never (Cover Artwork & Tracklist)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Sarkodie – Jamz (ZIP FILE)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Vector – Teslim: The Energy Still Lives In Me (ZIP FILE)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Various Artists – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music From and Inspired By (ZIP FILE)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Takeoff – The Last Rocket (ZIP FILE)