New Bayern Munich manager Julian Nagelsmann has only has the pleasure of coaching against Leon Goretzka, but now the former boss at RB Leipzig and Hoffenheim will have the opportunity to train a player he considers one of the most dangerous midfielders in the world.
“Leon is an important player for us. I would be happy to work with him for many years,” Nagelsmann said at his introductory press conference (as captured by Goal). “I think very highly of him. He is one of the most dangerous midfielders in the world. Everyone would like to have him in their team.”
Goretzka’s contract negotiations appeared to hit a bit of a snag due to the 26-year-old’s salary demands, but Bayern Munich CEO Oliver Kahn said he was confident that the two parties would reach an accord.
For Nagelsmann, a midfield pairing of Goretzka and Joshua Kimmich is about as a good of a foundation to build from as any coach can get.
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: The Big Hash – Better Late Than Never (Cover Artwork & Tracklist)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Sarkodie – Jamz (ZIP FILE)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Vector – Teslim: The Energy Still Lives In Me (ZIP FILE)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Various Artists – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music From and Inspired By (ZIP FILE)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Takeoff – The Last Rocket (ZIP FILE)