Sergi Roberto, one of the men who had been linked with a move after the end of the La Liga season to leave Barca, is now closer than ever to staying. The academy player has a contract until 2022 and Barca could renew him soon.
That is what ‘Mundo Deportivo’ said. They confirmed Mateu Alemany’s intention is now to extend the versatile footballer’s contract by two years until 2024.
The club had decided to renew him, but financial issues led to Sergi Roberto being one of the favourites to be sold.
The lack of interest and the difficulties to strengthen the club have done the rest. In these moments, the player is much closer to renewing and staying at the clu for at least another three seasons.
Of course for an agreement to be reached, Sergi Roberto will have to adapt to the club’s new financial situation. The cited media outlet says that there has not been a meeting with his agent, Josep Maria Orobitg, to make progress on his signing.
In this sense, there is not excessive rush to decide on the footballer’s contract given that he still has a year left on his current contract. Barca are wearing up his capability of adapting to various roles on the field, although Sergi Roberto no longer starts in any position.
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: The Big Hash – Better Late Than Never (Cover Artwork & Tracklist)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Sarkodie – Jamz (ZIP FILE)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Vector – Teslim: The Energy Still Lives In Me (ZIP FILE)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Various Artists – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music From and Inspired By (ZIP FILE)
- DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Takeoff – The Last Rocket (ZIP FILE)